O'Farrell Financial provides full financial planning services to our clients. We are seeking a Financial Research Analyst to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Wealth Management, the Research Analyst’s primary responsibilities are to gather and analyse financial data, maintain proprietary databases, and assist in building and maintaining investment portfolios for High-Net-Worth clients. The candidate is well versed with diverse investment vehicles (Stocks, Bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds etc.) and makes recommendations to achieve the return objectives of private clients in accordance with the identified risk tolerance. The individual has superior skills in preparing presentations and reports for external and internal audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
The Financial Research Analyst is responsible for:
- Participating in Investment Committee meetings and presenting thesis on specific topics; investment themes; companies, ETFs, Mutual Funds etc.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with representatives of Mutual Fund dealers.
- Maintaining and updating internal databases.
- Assisting in the preparation of model investment profiles for private clients.
- Working closely on ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Wealth Management Division’s Team leader.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Minimum Education: 4 year Undergraduate Degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- Preferred: CFA designation, or progress towards CFA designation is preferred
- Minimum Experience: 4-5 years of relevant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of investments and the investment funds industry through the completion of the Canadian Securities
- Course and related work experience; proficiency with MS Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); proficiency with Adobe.
- Prepare professional, concise and attractive reports; strong interpersonal and communication skills; superior listening and comprehension skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong commitment to provide exceptional customer service with a high degree of confidentiality; excellent time management skills.
O'Farrell Financial is growing! We are seeking experienced Financial Advisors in our Kemptville, Renfrew and Cornwall locations.
O’Farrell Financial provides full financial planning services to our clients. Our advisors work closely with the client to build a comprehensive financial plan that aligns with the client’s current and future goals. Advisors provide recommendations on investment and risk management strategies to allow clients to obtain their goals and support the client’s risk tolerance. Financial Advisors must adhere to ethics, best practices, and must always act in the client’s best interest. Building trust with existing and potential clients using financial knowledge and expertise is essential.
- Provide financial planning support to our clients
- Provide regular review meetings with clients based on the clients need and expectation
- Respond to client inquiries regarding financial planning needs
- Understand and be knowledgeable with financial planning software and insurance quoting software programs
- Stay abreast of financial industry changes, rules and regulations
- Complete Continuing Education Credits to maintain required selling licenses
- E-mail follow-up and client meeting note recording
- Attend client meetings for regular reviews
- Prospecting new Clients via community involvement, social media, sponsorships and through memberships in associations and organizations
- Responsible for annual sales targets and the creation of your annual budget
- Attend team training meetings to improve sales knowledge and product knowledge
- Maintain an understanding of all products you are offering and have the ability to provide thorough explanations to clients
- Provide suitable recommendations for clients based on their goals and risk tolerance
- Liaison with clients’ accountants and lawyers as needed
- Stay informed of client’s portfolio and changes hat may need to be made
- Know your clients’ tax situation in order to make decisions on capital gains, tax less selling, etc.
- IIROC Canadian Securities License
- Life Insurance License